The Hub Hosts Free College Coaching Event Wednesday

High Rocks Academy offers tutoring and college transition assistance to Greenbrier East High School students free of charge.

Mya MacPherson, Staff Writer

High Rocks Educational Corporation and the Hub will host a free information session from 5-7 PM on Nov. 16 at the Hub located in Building C of the Lee Street Complex (the old Lewisburg Elementary School). The coaching session is for high school seniors ready to create a pathway to success as they look at colleges this fall. It will also explain the benefits of joining AmeriCorps.
Presenters include representatives of college-level financial aid, AmeriCorps staff, a college professor to discuss the importance of math curricula, and others to assist in transitioning from high school into a higher education program.
This workshop is free thanks to the collaborative partnership between the AmeriCorps program and the West Virginia Jobs Network, all working under High Rocks, a youth empowerment program based in Pocahontas, Greenbrier, and Webster counties.
The mission of High Rocks Educational Educational Corporation is to educate, empower, and inspire young people in West Virginia. High Rocks is a leader in transforming the lives of young people and the impact they have on their communities.
AmeriCorps, a federal agency, brings people together to tackle the country’s most pressing challenges through national service and volunteering. AmeriCorps members and AmeriCorps senior volunteers serve with organizations dedicated to the improvement of communities. AmeriCorps helps make service to others a cornerstone of our national culture.
To find more about this opportunity and other ways that High Rocks Educational Corporation is working to empower young people, contact Jennifer Jones at 304-647-4994.