GEHS Boy’s Soccer Sectionals

Receiving praise from the crowd!

Tori Reynolds, Staff Writer

• GEHS Boy’s Soccer Team

• Let’s go, seniors!

• GEHS Boy’s Soccer Coaches (left to right): Lucas Lemine, Bren Pittsenbarger, and Christopher Cortez

• Receiving praise from the crowd!

• Celebration from the Sectional Champs!

• Sectional Championship Plaque

• In action part 1!

• In action part 2!

• In action part 3!

On October 19th, the varsity Greenbrier East Boy’s Soccer Team traveled to Herbert Hoover High School. The tension was high; the outcome of this game would decide whether or not the boys would play their first sectional game or if their season would be over. Fortunately, they pulled through strong with a final score of 3-1. The goals were scored by Lanty Rose, Caleb Warren, and Matthew Cook. Because of their accomplishments and teamwork, the GEHS boys were given the title of “first seed” in sectionals. 

Their first sectional game took place on October 22nd at Spartan Stadium. They went head to head with Riverside and won once again 5-0!  Goals were scored by Oier Martinez (2), Ian McManamay (1), and Ian Hamilton (2). Part two of sectionals vs. Princeton High School also took place at GEHS. Seth Baker, Oier Martinez, and Adam Seams each scored a goal for a 3-1 win, causing us to advance once again. 

On Halloween night, the boys traveled to George Washington High School in Charleston. The score of this game was 5-0, but this time George Washington won. Although the GEHS boys didn’t win their last game, it was a bittersweet moment and several people, mainly proud parents, shed tears. A lot of blood, sweat, tears, dedication, and patience were involved in all of the practices and games, and these boys pulled through strong. Congratulations to the GEHS boys and their coaches for an amazing season!